Are you ready to make a difference?
American Public Defense hires for many positions. Some positions require training, certifications, and licensing. Therefore, make sure you are already trained, certified or licensed. Here are the positions we're hiring for:
- Security Officer/ Unarmed*
- Defense Officer/ Armed*
- Off duty Peace officer***
- Deputy Chief**
- Director of Operations*****
- Hiring Manager****
- Administrative Secretary****
- Sales Contractor
- Training Instructor**+
- IRA Investigator*+~
- Parking Enforcement Contractor
- Surveillance Equipment Technician
- Retrieval/Distribution Driver~
Already a team member?
Looking to join the team? APD will take your application! Just click on the link below to view the application. We look forward to interviewing you!
Please bring a copy of the following documentation:
- Driver’s License/State ID
- PERC Card (Mandatory for security applicants)
- Birth Certificate
- FOID Card (if applicable)
- 20 hour basic security training Certificate (if applicable)
- 20 hour armed security training Certificate (if applicable)
- Social Security Card
- Law Enforcement Certification (if applicable)
- DD-214 (if applicable)
- High School Diploma/GED Certificate
- College transcripts (if applicable)
Please be sure to fill out all sections and spaces of this application, leaving nothing blank. If nothing applies to you, write in “N/A” in the space provided. The correct completion of this application determines whether an applicant should be disqualified or hired.
This application may be mailed to:
American Public Defense Inc.
3430 Flossmoor Road
Flossmoor, IL 60422
OR emailed to:
OR the application may be brought in person to the interview address and left with a receptionist.
For information regarding positions applied for, go to:
The APD reviews many applications daily, therefore it takes time to process all paperwork and be called for an interview. Please do not call the office asking for the status of the application. An APD Official will contact you within the next two weeks regarding your application.
Physical Ability Examination
The mission of American Public Defense Inc. serves as contractors protecting the public of life and property in each individual area. Therefore, all APD officers are required to be in good physical shape in order to properly serve the public. There is an officer basic training that is required for all armed positions. There’s also a physical ability exam that is required to be successfully completed. Depending on the position applied for, an APD applicant may be required to take a physical ability exam, which includes:
- 20 push-ups / 1 minute
- 20 sit-ups/ 1 minute
- 1 mile run/ 11:00 minutes This standard is the APD standard for all ages, all genders, and will be conducted on appointed dates as follows: